By Amy Garrow
No one intentionally makes a tacky wedding (not that I know!) So, read on to make sure you do not make mistakes that can make your wedding "one person" marriage.
Too Many Colors
A wedding should be elegant, sophisticated, "adult" business, and while the touch of color here and there to add interest & ties all elements together, too many colors, or try to "fit in" all things will make your wedding look more like a girl - teenage girl birthday party and a sophisticated wedding.
Remember the saying "Less is more". Try to remember this when brainstorming ideas for wedding decorating. Natural color and continue to use only very few bright colors as an accent on the here & there.
Try To Match Everything
You do not always have to match the color of the bridesmaid dress with a tie, a groomsman, or the tablecloth, etc. If you have a bright color for your bridesmaids, try to use more subtle colors if you really have to "match".
I feel better to keep the natural colors like white, cream, silver, gold, brown, green (natural green) and black. Select 1 or 2 of this as your main color for wedding decorating with and use a small accent color of your bridesmaids. Example;
* Cream tea towel with beige tablecloths with black or gold table runners. Then use your theme color in the ribbon as napkin holders at each place, or as a colored card to the card,
* An idea is to use the cream Centerpiece mostly flowers and trees with one or 2 of your theme color flowers.
* Use all white linen with a green table runners, and if you have a purple bridesmaid peacock feathers or other purple flowers as the center (purple & green are great together)
* Use all white linen table runners and Black Mirror on the table by sitting in a vase with white flowers and black feathers - very Hollywood charm and will go with the color of the bridesmaids
If you must use a bright color and match it - try to make white or cream color primary colors and bright colors just a touch here and there will look very elegant.
However, if you have a very large, empty space or a flat as a living room, then you can get away with a little more colorful. Tip is standing in a room with no decorations and decide whether it was boring, busy, or average. If it was boring - appeared decorations to add interest. If busy, use all white or all cream with just a light brown or gold color to transform space-efficient and if the average, then follow the above suggestions.
Do not hesitate to let me know if you have questions about your ideas, I'll be glad to give my opinion!
Too Many Wrong Element
Silk flowers and fake plants are an inexpensive way to add interest to the living room, but make sure you can not say they are false (unless you touch them). If you are not able to flower as the center, probably better not to use it instead of just using silk or plastic (please - do not use plastic). Some ideas for wedding center is;
* Candles are fantastic & relatively cheaply from thrift shops or 2 dollars. Buy enough for 3, each a different height for each table. Then bought a beautiful plate (from the second hand shop) or a piece of glass or a mirror for them all to sit on top and there you have it, a beautiful, cheap middle.
* Feathers can be a great addition eyed. Depending on your color scheme, you can use a peacock feather or you can buy a big feather who have died for whatever color of most craft stores.
* Or you can make your own flower centerpieces instead of using flowers. Buy a vase tall enough to 1 per table. (You can hire them, but sometimes it can be cheaper to buy from a thrift or dollar store 2) Then get the most trusted aunt or friend who is not in the bridal party to go to a flower shop on the morning of your wedding and buy a few lily white long white or other large high-stronger-stemmed flowers. Enough to get 3-per table (do not tell to their flower shop for a wedding because they will double or triple the price!) Using Lily's with one or 2 long coat color and a high wicker (rattan can be bought from craft stores or flower shops ). Then wrap width Black, White or Cream ribbon at the top of the vase for decoration cheap but the middle.
* Tip - prepare rattan, feathers and ribbons in the vase on the front, then all your friends to do is to transport them and bring them into the living room to place flowers on the water. Set this before the reception center so they are aware.
You can create your own using any flower centerpieces, but the key to keeping them low is to use more than other elements and only a few flowers, are much cheaper to do most of the work / study / etc set yourself up in advance with a friend or aunt on the day set up for you (make sure you buy them thank you gifts for their problems).
I hope the ideas wedding decorating have been given something to think about. As long as you remember these 3 things: 1. Keep it Simple 2. Keep it natural and 3. Getting the opinion of outsiders, if in doubt, then your wedding will be beautiful, elegant & tasteful affair.
In the end, your marriage is a personal expression of you and your fiance love each other so that the ideas you have wedding decorations, so try not to stress about them but if you follow my advice you will receive friends and family compliment your wedding decor ideas ideas and maybe even steal some of them for the wedding of their own future!