Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Engage!09

A couple weeks ago I had the opportunity to attend Engage!09 in the Grand Cayman. I'm not even sure how to articulate how amazing it was. Essentially, it was an event where 150 of the best wedding professionals in the country gathered together to network and hear from some of the biggest names in the industry. Among some of the speakers were Preston Bailey, Sean Low, Darcy Miller, Marcy Blum and Sylvia Weinstock. It was two full days of building relationships, learning, and being inspired.

It's a bit strange, but it was great meeting people in person that I've known online for quite some time. Technology has a way of bringing us together and connecting us without any real human interaction. I love putting faces with names and/or Twitter names, and I felt like our face to face meeting made these relationships seem more real.

Here's few pictures taken by Stacey Kane of the opening night beach party put together by the amazing Michelle Rago. Michelle is quickly becoming one of my favorite people and a great friend. I love what she did with this event.



Here's a few friends, new and old, that I got to hang out with.


Antonia van der Meer, Editor in Chief of Elegant Bride and Modern Bride.


Todd, Sara Fay, and Mary from Todd Events in Dallas. This group puts on some of the most incredible events I've ever seen!


Michael Landry from Gucci and Randey Fenoli, the Fashion Director of Kleinfeld Bridal and star of "Say Yes to the Dress" on TLC.



Monica Gill of The White Box of Wedding Design and Terrica Skaggs of Fabuluxe.

The final night of Engage was a giant party designed by Jo-Anne Brown of Celebrations, Ltd. The theme was Under the Sea and I think Jo-Anne hit it spot on. I could not believe what I saw when I walked into the room.




Overall, it was an incredible event. I came back with so many ideas and aspirations for A Bryan Photo and I can't wait to implement them. Great things coming!!!

-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment