Saturday, August 29, 2009

Inspiration Board: Wedding Decor

When I first stepped in to the ballroom where my wedding was to be held, I can’t say I was blown away by its perfection. The panoramic view and huge balcony were definite positives, but the gaudy carpet and huge, plain walls did nothing for me. With dreams of a very modern, sleek wedding in my head, I couldn’t see how this ornate, traditional ballroom was going to become the contemporary wedding I had envisioned.

After months of waiting, I stepped in to my wedding reception and was even more stunned than I had planned to be. Coupled with glamorous lighting, amazing centerpieces, bars, lounge areas and more, you’d never know this was the very same ballroom I had seen in the past. It was proof that with the right decor you can do anything, on any budget, including completely mask the hideous, ornate carpeting that had blinded me months before.

There are endless ways to be creative with your decor. Here, I present you with some of my favorites:

decor
by Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment